Rare do they take their golden opportunities by the scruff and have their way. It wasn't pretty, as Novara is surely a lame duck for B and they certainly did their part, but they found a way to reign bountiful. That's all that was asked.
Score and score more than the other guy who's worser than you. Pretty simple game, this football.
The Kjaer Konundrum
Do you suppose the football personnel staff is sitting around a conference oak in the midst of a raucous game of "You call." and "No, YOU call." mobile phone hot potato as they decide which which has to take the fall for being the one to buy-out Simon Kjaer? Rochambeau would do nicely as an utterly scientific means of decision-making.
Yadda yadda yadda. He's a very gifted defender who is prone to massive cock-ups with a burgeoning Menez-esque reputation that could destroy his future in calcio, forcing him to be sold to his hometown club (Wiki says AC Horsens). Despite his beaucoup follies, he is too gifted to dismiss the physical, natural talents or the simple fact that defense is a learned art and he's only 22.
Another game, another near complete derailment from Simon - minutes 42 & 43 were particularly dicey. And yet, they almost have to buy him out at this point.
- A quietly solid game from Jose Angel. A bit too much of the highest of highs and lowest of lows early on this campaign; however, now that he's settling in the middle of not attempting to do too much but also not cocking up quite so badly, he's performing quite nicely.
Many others should be taking notes.
- Daniele is absolved of blame for all lost aerial battles in central defense against strikers over 190.
Or any misstep at all since he's Daniele @#$%ing De Rossi.
- At home against the three clubs seemingly destined for relegation*: 3-0-0, 12, 4, +8.
Expect the expected? Never...
* - In my dreams, a certain purple team is destined as well. Forza Lecce, etc, etc.
- Match highlight.
- Words I never dared dream I would utter:
This team could use Marco Cassetti at centerback right about now. Hell, Christian Panucci - maybe even 2012 Christian Panucci - would be Beckenbauer 2.0, No comment on Simone Loria.
- And finally...
The team won without Pjanic in midfield. Again.