Various outlets are reporting that it might be only a matter of time, 48 hours to be exact, before Vincenzo Montella is re-appointed as Roma manager.
The good news, of course, is that this would bring an end to this drama and we could then proceed to the mercato in full force. However, it wouldn't be Roma without some controversy. Radio reports throughout Italy claim there is still some division among the front office about Montella's suitability for this position.
Francesco Totti, for one, believes Montella has what it takes to lead Roma full time, claiming that Vincenzo is not afraid to speak his mind and do what he thinks his best, such as benching Francesco.
The past 48 hours have seen AVB rumors resurface amid claims of multi-million dollar (or Euro, if you prefer) buy outs, player swaps and promises by Catania that Montella will be held to his contract.
There still does not appear to be a consensus in the front office concerning the right man to lead this team next season and beyond. The two main candidates, AVB and Montella, have room to grow and much to prove as managers. In order for either of them to succeed, both the men themselves, the management, and the fans will need to be patient. In the case of Luis Enrique, only one third of that formula was intact, as the fans and Enrique himself ran out of patience and motivation.
Whoever is chosen, they will need the fortitude to ride the waves of public opinion, as they will be tasked with guiding this project long-term. The next 48 hours will speak volumes about the years to come.
- Mattia Destro is being linked with a move to Roma, as the club has offered €7M to Siena for their share in the Italy Under-21 international
- Flamengo have reportedly offered 19-year old striker Thomas Jaguaribe Bedinelli, a.k.a. Thomas, in exchange for Juan. The deal would include an €8M buy out option at the end of any loan for Thomas.
- Inter is now being connected to both Rodrigo Palacio and Mateo Musacchio, having recently shown interestin the Argentine defender.
- Newly promoted Pescara are hoping to keep Gianluca Caprari for next season.
- Juventus are also in on the suprisingly available Stevan Jovetic.