NOVARA, ITALY - NOVEMBER 05: Marteen Stekelenburg of AS Roma gestures during the Serie A match between Novara Calcio and AS Roma at Silvio Piola Stadium on November 5, 2011 in Novara, Italy. (Photo by Claudio Villa/Getty Images)
While we await Enrique's press conference Friday, there are other, non-Andre Villas-Boas rumors floating around the Romasphere...
- Kjaer and Osvaldo were absent from the Trigoria today, while Burdisso and Juan participated in team drills. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
- Stekelenburg calls rumors of his departure "stupid". Which makes sense, not really sure how much traction this one had to begin with. Give him some decent defenders and see what he can really do next season
- A Chinese team is now apparently interested in Juan, which I'm sure is, at least, very flattering.
- Might a Villas-Boas appointment spell the end of Bojan's time at Roma, to be replaced by Porto's Francisco Varela? Bojan and Enrique always seemed like a package deal, but it would still be a shame were they to give up on someone with so much potential.
- It should be no secret that, regardless of who the manager might be, defense will be the focus of the summer mercato, first up on the rumor mill, Ezequiel Garay
- Another Argentine defender, Mateo Musacchio, is also being linked with a move to Roma.
- Delio Rossi has been sacked for slapping Adem Ljajic and suspended three months by the league, which even made news in the Washington Post.
- Speaking of defenders, Nemanja Vidic might find himself on the outside looking in at Old Trafford when he returns from injury, as Juventus are connected to the Serbian defender. We already know he looks good in red, why not try Rome on for size, Nemanja?
- Novara have officially been given the boot back to Serie B following this weeks draw with Fiorentina.
- While Roma is not involved, the race for the Scudetto between Juventus and AC Milan is going down to the wire, following Juve's draw with Lecce, who continue to play the role of spoiler. This has been a two horse race for a while now; two utterly detestable horses. I kid, I kid...the sun still shines when anyone other than Lazio or Inter wins.