- Fernando Gago's suspended, Miralem Pjanic is 'doubtful' and Daniele De Rossi is a flat tire away from Luis Enrique wiping his ass with Daniele's new contract. The bad news is everything just listed. The good news is availability is reflected relative to their importance to the midfield/team.
- Fabio Simplicio also left training with a knock. For 2011-12's performance considerations, this is addition by subtraction. As far as comedic purposes go...
- Tis highly likely Pjanic plays, and it is equally as likely Marquinho will spend the afternoon attempting to invoke the automatic "win a permanent contract with 100 shots by season's end" clause in his loan contract.
Don't do it, Luis. Don't do it.
- Osvaldo's out, Totti's in.
- Lamela falls into the category in which highly prized phenoms are run out for experience so long as they don't impregnate the owner's daughter. Or, in the case of Siena, the owner(ish).
- That's all, and that's sure enough.
- What's one supposed to do? Kjaer's a complete card/penalty liability, particularly in a derby, and Juanze (like 'Kwanzaa' sans the k...or holiday good jujus) is simply too old and too slow for the purposes of this system.
And thus we pray.
- This bears repeating: Rodrigo Taddei is Roma's best defender.
This should also be grounds for someone in football personnel losing their job. Seriously.
(And obviously, Angels will start.)
- Well golly gee, I just don't know...