So everyone's on board with Andrea Masiello, right? Big time cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater? Well, Roma's match against Bari from last May is under investigation - and not only by prosecutors, but also by the fashion police. Someone needs to be banned for this for several reasons, among them Adriano's built-in bra. More to the point, however, several things in the highlights merit mentioning:
- Most importantly: Illusions - delusions, really - of Francesco bringing back The Mane. Hopes were stratospheric, only to fall to earth with a thud like a paraplegic skydiver.
- Has Francesco hit a free kick even half as good this year? Certainly not.
- Apparently personnel is irrelevant when it comes to defending crosses - it's a laundry thing.
- Simone Bentivoglio is on 'the list' and he scored Bari's penalty. Plonking it into the cheap seats would seem excellent execution were he truly punting this game. (They were long relegated at this point.)
- The clip of Doni the spectator watching the ball fly over his head and onto the bar, then cutting to a shot of Montella feasting on fingernails whilst sporting a look of subtle beflusterment should suffice as Alex's Wikipedia entry in every language.
- Nicola Belmonte, with a fistful of shirt on the Juan penalty, is on the list.
- The chip over the top by Francesco means it doesn't even matter - counts anyway.
- Alessandro Parisi, marking Rosi on the gamewinner, is on the list as well.