Now that the season is over and the Enrique saga has been settled, Roma's collective gaze turns towards the hordes of new players who may or may not don the Roma kit this season.
Last summers hastily thrown together mercato could be summed up in three words: Young, Midfield, South American.
This summer hopefully focuses on, you know, a few guys who could stop the ball
- First up, Argentine and current Villareal Defender, Mateo Musacchio. Villareal, having been relegated, are very motivated sellers. Musacchio is a young (21) and relatively tall CB, who has already been capped by his senior national team. His agent indicates talks with Roma are expected "soon".
- Alexandre Luiz Realm, a.k.a. Xandao, a 6'4'' 24 year old Brazilian CB, currently plying his trade at Sporting Lisbon is also being mentioned in connection with Roma. Not a whole lot informational available on him, but he apparently had a pretty sweet back-heel against City. I suppose you could also say he looks good in stripes?
- Nicolas Spolli's agent claims he has not had contact with Roma, but that it would be a great move for his client to follow Montella (allegedly) to Roma.
- Sabatini is reportedly on a mission to secure the services of Rolando, the 26 year old CB from Porto.
- No new updates on Ezequiel Garay.