In typical Friedkin Group fashion, Roma were pretty tight-lipped throughout the winter transfer window. Sure, the media beat the drum for an Edin Dzeko to Inter Milan transfer, but apart from a few quick denials from Roma GM Tiago Pinto, the club did their level best to not lend credence to the many rumors swirling around Trigoria last month.
Roma may not have won the headline battle during the winter market, but the additions of Stephan El Shaarawy and Bryan Reynolds stand to make the club deeper, more direct, and more aggressive as we head into the second half.
After discussing the return of El Shaarawy—where he fits in, how he may affect the rest of the squad—we were pleased to be joined by Brian Sciaretta, a writer for American Soccer Now and a contributor to TalkSport and Sirius XM.
So, join me, Sean, and Steven as we hit on the following topics:
- The pros and cons of El Shaarawy's return
- How SES will fit in with the new Roma, particularly Pellegrini
- Brian Sciaretta's insight into Reynolds the player and prospect
- More praise for Elena Linari
- A quick look at the summer market.
You can also listen and subscribe on the following platforms: