It’s been a while since we’ve been able to talk about the Giallorossi beating a top-six side in Serie A. But, lo and behold, in Paulo Fonseca’s last crack at a fellow big side before he rides down the Appian Way into the Roma sunset, the Giallorossi got it done against rivals Lazio.
If Roma can only beat one top side a season, the Biancocelese are certainly the one to do it against. And this time around, the Giallorossi did it in a fairly convincing fashion, defeating Lazio 2-0.
In this episode, Sean and I break down Roma’s victory against its city rivals and discuss Fonseca’s departure. Plus we intermingled a bunch of listener questions throughout the episode. So, be sure to tune in to hear us discuss the following and much more:
- Roma’s increased intensity- Can it be done for 38 matches?
- Zaniolo’s fit in this side
- Media opinions of Roma’s collapse this season
- Should Fonseca have switched to the 4-2-3-1 sooner?
- Who would’ve been dropped if it happened sooner?
- Fuzato and Darboe’s performances and roles going forward
- Fonseca’s positive mentality vs Roma’s capacity for self-destruction
- Fonseca’s legacy and future